ASC is re-launching its new works process as “Community Crossings,” which can take 12-18 months over four stages, as school, youth, and community groups work with playwrights and creative teams to inform the production. Community partners will have the opportunity to revisit the plays at different stages of the process before attending a performance at the Vittum Theater.
For many schools, bringing youth to see the plays is a daunting proposition given the fiscal situation in the state and at CPS. We want every young person who helped in our play creation process to be able to see the work they impacted. Therefore, we are committed to raising $25,000 before June 30, to help subsidize the cost of tickets for youth and their schools. The ASC Auxiliary Board has offered to match all dollars we raise by June 30, up to $12,500! Any amount you give will have a doubled impact.
Help us tell heroic tales!
Donate today to support our efforts in empowering youth through original productions, drama instruction, and youth mentorship.
Ways to Donate
Please make your check payable to Northwestern Settlement with Adventure Stage Chicago in the memo and send to:
Attn: Katie Taylor
1400 W. August Blvd
Chicago, IL 60642
Call Katie Taylor, 773-278-7471 x1203
By Matching Gift
Your employer may match your gift to Northwestern Settlement and Adventure Stage Chicago. Please contact your human resources department to obtain the proper form, fill it out, and simply enclose it with your donation. We’ll do the rest.
Adventure Stage Chicago provides sponsorship opportunities to businesses from across Chicago. To learn more about how you can benefit your company while providing quality, family-friendly theater to nearly 15,000 audience members each year, contact Mary Kate Barley-Jenkins, Managing Director.
If you’d like to support Adventure Stage by donating goods or services, we have prepared a list of items of the highest priority. Large or small, your contribution is greatly appreciated and helps make possible the great experiences offered in our programs.
- Airline miles for artist travel for 2017 national tour of Six Stories Tall (link to show page)
- In-ceiling speakers
- Equipment for video/audio playback
- Wireless microphones
- Tablet for interactive lobbby activities
- Sponsored tickets to ASC Mainstage Productions for underserved community
- groupsSponsor Story Circle group visit to workshop presentation of ASC original production
- Grocery gift cards for Trailblazer program
- Laptop for Trailblazers programming
- Sponsor Trailblazers Mentor Artist
- Transportation sponsorshop for Trailblazer Summer Camp field trips
- Production supplies for Trailblazers sets/props/costumes
- Sponsored tickets to ASC matinees for underserved school groups
- Spiral notebooks
- Sponsored Neighborhood Bridges Teaching Artist
- Copy Paper
- Conversion of house light fixtures to LED
- Digital video camera
- Accessibility equipment for vision, hearing, and mobility impairments
Adventure Stage Chicago thanks the following partners and foundations for their support.
Adventure Stage Chicago is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency.
AMC CARES CHARITABLE FUND • THE ANDREW W. MELLON FOUNDATION • BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR AMERICAN STUDIES, UNITED STATES EMBASSY, LONDON • CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND SUPPORT SERVICES • CHILDREN’S THEATRE FOUNDATION OF AMERICA • DRAMATISTS GUILD FUND • JEWEL-OSCO • KINDER MORGAN FOUNDATION • THE MACARTHUR FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS FUND • THE MACARTHUR FUND FOR ARTS AND CULTURE AT PRINCE • NATIONAL THEATRE OF SCOTLAND • NORTHERN TRUST CHARITABLE TRUST • OLD TOWN SCHOOL OF FOLK MUSIC • PAUL M. ANGELL FAMILY FOUNDATION • POLK BROS. FOUNDATION • RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT • SEARLE FUNDS AT THE CHICAGO COMMUNITY TRUST • UNITED AIRLINES • WINNETKA BOARD OF NORTHWESTERN SETTLEMENT